Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Life & What She Had to Say

I'm posting this from my Facebook friend who graduated from Culkin in 1962. As I read it, it's close to home, and I'm sure, at our age, you may feel the same way. This is what she had to say.


The past two weeks have had my emotions all over the place, up, down, and around! Much of my downtime has been spent in thought, on memories, and reflecting on my own life over the years. Today, while looking through old pictures, I ran across a picture of my Dad, and it has certainly set my thoughts in motion. Yeah.....I feel a story comin' on. But first, I have to get through the next couple of days. Maybe then my mind will be less foggy!
You know, as I grow older with each passing day, it's clear to me how very fragile life is. In the days of late, I've witnessed friends my own age and older dying, but there have been those much younger than me that have passed on to Glory, as well. It's just proof that we all have a time to go. We don't know the minute, hour, or day, but folks, it's comin'! Now, friends, we're livin' in some mighty uncertain times in our country, and I for sure wanta' have the assurance that all my family and friends are headed to the same place and same accommodations that I've reserved with my Heavenly Father in Heaven! It's weighing heavily on my mind these days. I suppose it's these numerous passings of so many family members, friends, and acquaintances in recent weeks!

This picture of my Dad has really been pulling at my heartstrings today. You know, I always wanted to make my parents proud when I was growing up! Then, when I married, it was my husband that I wanted to shine for. After that came my children. I know there have been those times that I've likely disappointed them all. I didn't want to, but I guess it was inevitable since I've always been a hard head! I haven't always wanted to listen to advice, regardless of how well-intended it was. I wanted to do it my way. Today... looking at that picture of my Dad, I've been remembering those things he said to me... quiet though he was by nature... his words still ring in my ears when I start to trip up, as I do from time to time. "Remember whose blood runs through your veins." "Please don't disappoint me, and don't betray yourself!" Folks, I hear those words frequently in my thoughts! I always will!
Young Folks, Life gets kinda' tough as you get older. I know you will likely just roll your eyes at this, but I'm tellin' you.....make everything you do count for something! Don't waste a single minute, 'cause it'll all be over before you know it. A friend who just lost his wife in death this week said.....and I quote, "I take issue with whoever said that these are our golden years....there's nuthin' gold about 'um!" I totally agreed with him.

But ya' know, God has left some of us here to stay a little longer, and he had a reason for doing that! I'm surely gonna' try and put those extra days, weeks, months.....however long I have left to good use. He gave me the love of talking, so I'ma try to say the right things to anyone that'll listen, and I'm gonna' leave you with this thought...

"If your heart isn't right with Jesus... make it right today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...