Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday Update on Katherine


Via the Caring Bridge Site:

Tuesday Update

Written 1 hour ago

Greetings Katherine followers,
We hope that if you are in town, you run by and see KATHERINE and sign the guest book.  I spent this morning reading her all the messages that you are sending.  Keep them coming daily....  There is really no change for today.  Her blood pressure is very low today 90/38.  Donna from the MAAP office went with me and told her she needed to make the board meeting this weekend... Her Aunt Mary was there and we just enjoyed being with Katherine and reading to her.  Her nurse today is Robert.   I was able to see Tim and check in on him and he and Greg were coming back this afternoon to meet with her Case Manager.  Jeff will be coming soon from New Mexico and Buddy is coming on Weds.  I called Dr. Cronin who Katherine use to work with and her send his love too....  I spoke to JB Edwards this afternoon and he is going to challenge the wonderful staff at Marion Hill to sign her guest book with funny stories about Katherine.  So today for Katherine, we are posting one of her favorite sayings. 
September 3, 2012
"Before you do something stupid, wait 24 hours..."
I remember hearing the phrase, "We are not a glum lot" when I was new in recovery - I didn't believe it. I mean, here I was sentenced to attending meetings, prohibited from partying, and forced to believe in God. Things looked pretty glum to me. If it wasn't for the laughter I heard in the rooms, I may not have stuck around. 
  
At first I couldn't understand what they found so funny. People would share embarrassing, demoralizing and even tragic experiences, and the room would burst into laughter. "I don't get it," I said to my sponsor. "Those who can laugh at themselves tend to last," he told me. Boy did I find that to be true. 
  
One of the most valuable lessons I've learned in recovery is not to take myself so seriously. I allow myself to make mistakes today, and if I step on someones toes I'm quick to make amends. Because of this my life is lighter today, and I find it easy to laugh at myself. This not only makes the journey more enjoyable, but it's what's made it last so long, too. 
  
Today I know that those who laugh - last.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...