Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!


Well, today is my birthday and I'm so thankful that I have lived this long and been blessed with dear family and friends. Though it all, I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be a lady deer hunter one day. The picture above was taken when I was around 18 years old. It's one of my prom and Senior class play gowns and I also wore it during a Civil War re-enactment play called, Gunboats Around The Bend for the Playhouse. The ball took place in a historical home called, The Balfour House (circa 1830), which is one of Vicksburg's most historical houses. Home to Emma Balfour, Civil War diarist during the siege of Vicksburg, and later Union Headquarters for Gen. James McPherson and the Union forces. It was the site of a famous Christmas Ball when a messenger came to the house and reported approaching gunboats. The General announced that "This ball is at end " because the enemy was coming down the river. I wore a big hoop skirt under my gown with my hair pulled back with a wig of curls. I really enjoyed going from town to town performing on stage, dancing and meeting a lot of nice people. Sure is fun to go back and reminisce. I'm looking forward to spending my special day with Bob and family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...