2. Set tubs so smoke won't blow in eyes if wind is pert.3. Sort things: make three piles, one pile white, one pile colored, one pile work britches and rags.
4. Shave one whole cake lye soap in boiling water.
5. Stir flour in cold water to smooth and thin down with boiling water.
6. Rub dirty spots on board, scrub hard, then boil, rub colored but don't boil just rinse and starch
7. Take white things out of kettle with broom stick handle then rinse, blue, and starch.
8. Spread tea towels on grass.
9. Hang old rags on fence.
10. Pour rinse water in flower beds.
11. Scrub porch with hot soapy water.
12. Turn tubs upside down.
13. Go put on clean dress, smooth head with side combs, brew cup of tea, set and rest and rock a spell and count blessings.