Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Then & Now At Redwood Swimming Pool



Redwood Swimming Pool in Redwood, MS.  If it gets any hotter, the famed 1950s place-to-go in the summer might have to reopen - - Marty Kittrell


I love this picture of four of my classmates goofing off at a senior swimming party and BBQ at Redwood, MS.  Left to right are Margaret McCormack (deceased), Kay Hess, Vera Marshall (deceased), and Jackie Melsheimer.  (May 24, 1959)


1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Marian

Thanks for the pictures from the old swimming lake at Redwood. My siblings and I would go there on occasion when we lived on oak ridge road. I have a burning memory of going down the slide on my stomach there before the water hose had sufficiently cooled the metal surface.. I tell the tale that I distinctly heard a cooling sizzle as I hit the water. Sufficient to say - I never made that mistake again and I always made sure someone went before me and watched to see if they survived.

Thanks again for your post and for the blog.

Paul

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...