Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Message from Ed Habert

Dear Friends,

I hope and trust that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with a lot of wonderful food with your family all the while remembering why we have this great country and all of the folks who sacrificed for us. Judy comes oust of retirement once a year to cook on Thanksgiving. She is still a great cook. I cook all the meals otherwise and having been doing that for about 15 years. I love it. We spent the holiday in St. Louis this year with two of our families and six of our grandchildren. We never fail to catch some crud from them to bring back to Destin with us. The joy of our family always reminds me of the terrible carnage of abortion- 50,000,000 of them. I have two grandchildren today who wouldn't be here if it were not for their parents who stepped up to their responsibility fifteen years ago. God bless them. My 18 y/o Purdue freshman loves to out her parents by reminding folks how long they have been married and how old she is. She was a two year old flower girl at her parents wedding. That was a tough sell at that time to an older conservative pastor. Monsignor doesn't really like it when I tell him what a great job he did. They are still married.

I hope that all of you will go online and become familiar with the "MANHATTAN DECLARATION" and Fr. Pavone's web site "Priest's for Life." I couldn't believe it. I sent you my e-mail and the next day this document surfaces on the web. We are Christian or we are not. Get on board. Have a great holiday season and keep the faith.

Ed

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...