Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Night To Remember


April 18, 1956. I was in a neat play entitled, "Strictly Normal." Of course, you probably didn't notice me. (But I noticed you!) I was one of the beautiful red roses on the trellis. Before the play started, one of those Sisters kept talking about some live flowers, (as if I wasn't alive!!!) Then she was going to take me off the stage. But she never did. I guess she had to get her Latin, and didn't have time. Here she come now. Thanks very much, Vera. Now I will be the great star. My Vera, you look beautiful wearing that pink suit. It certainly is becoming to you. Here comes some more people I know. Theresa and Marie B. Isn't that a darling dress Marie is wearing? It is turquoise and white. Dig that real full skirt. Who's that boy she is talking to? Oh, it's Charles Wilkerson. Here comes Theresa M. in a cute black tweed suit. There's Kay, Jackie and Pat McN. Don't they look darling? Who's that making all that noise? Oh, just a bunch of Freshmen, trying to decide where to sit. Tim V. certainly is having a time with them. Well!! At last they've sat down. Oh no! They're moving again! Peace and quite once more!! Who is that coming?? Oh, just Katherine M., Myrtle, and Ina. Who are those boys? Sketter T. and Gordon S. Look who they are talking to! Guy B., Joe L., David E., George E., and Robert Witty. Why here comes Patsy, Rosalee and Totty!!! Who are they stopping to talk to? Oh boys!!! I should have know it!! It seems they can't find a place to sit. "Robert, why don't you sit there?? Can't those Juniors sit somewhere else?" Well, that old reserved seats sign didn't stay there long!! Look who took it!! Grove S., Eddie H., and Michael H. I should've known. Margaret and Sue are talking about some boys, wonder who? (as if I didn't know) Doesn't Florence look cute. There is Bonnie and Marian with her. Oh! The lights are going off!! Now the play is starting! The curtain is fixing to go up! Sister! What are you doing? You can't take me off of the stage!! Oh, no!! Now I can't be a star! Oh well, maybe the Juniors will have a great play next year, and use me. Good bye till next year! See you then!!! (I hope!!!!) THE RED ROSE (Taken from the 1956 Maryon)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...