Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Saturday, May 09, 2009

Memory Book Thank You's

I recently mailed out 14 memory booklets to classmates and received a nice thank you via Facebook from Libby Hess who is Kay Hess Simms, '59, sister, who lives in Colorado. This is what she had to say:


Marian, I have so much enjoyed the memory book and clippings today. I can still see all of you at St. Francis and remember attending a Christmas party in your classroom where you were all singing carols and I have a Holy Card written to me from Sister Mary John. It's in my St. Joseph's missal I keep next to my bed. Thank you so much for mailing that to me. Your class is really lucky to have you take care of so much and you did a fantastic job. ~Thank you Libby~

Florence Murphy Boren '59

Dear Marian,

Many thanks to you for sending me the wonderful booklet you compiled of the Class of 1959. I have enjoyed reading it, and I love your Class of 1959 blog. It's so interesting to see where everyone is now, and what they have done since graduation. The pictures of the reunion are great, and everyone still looks the same--just a bit more mature. I'm sorry I had to miss the fun. You and your helpers did a great job.

If you go to any of the St. Al High School football games this fall, look for my granddaughter, Blakele Palmertree, on the cheerleading squad. She will be in the 9th grade, and is growing up way too fast for me!!

Thanks again for keeping us all informed.

Love, Florence

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...