Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Monday, March 10, 2008

SFXA Class of 1959~Myrtle

~Myrtle Elizabeth Loviza~
After graduation from St. Francis Xavier Academy, I attended Hinds Junior College in Raymond for a year and enjoyed many student activities, intramural sports, and cheer leading. After that year, I went to work for a short time with Vicksburg Recreation Department as a secretary before continuing my secretarial career with the Real Estate Division of the Vicksburg District, and later the Engineering Division and Personnel Office of the Mississippi River Commission/Lower Mississippi Valley Division. During this time I continued my education at Hinds (attending night classes) and graduated with an Associate Degree in Secretarial Science.

In 1969, I married Joe Curro and became a stay-at-home mom for our four boys - Joseph, Christopher, Gregory and Jerome. Three of them have married in the last three years and I now have two grandchildren, Aaron and Allie.

In the late 80’s, I went back to work as Secretary for two of the pastors at St. Michael Catholic Church, leaving in 1999 when Joe had a massive heart attack. He passed away in 2002, and in 2008 I married Bobby Alvarado. We like to tell everyone we have over 77 years of happy marriage between us! Bobby and Frankie were married almost 46 years, and Joe and I had almost 33. We feel blessed.

I’ve stayed pretty busy with volunteer work in our church and community, and in the last few years have enjoyed traveling with family and friends (Italy, Ireland and Mexico); and more recently a trip to New York, a cruise to Alaska and road trips to South Carolina, Georgia, California, Arizona and Texas. I meet my walking buddies five days a week, am also into swimming, and have taken up piano lessons, crochet and golf – these last three activities are a real challenge! Oh, and I still love dancing.

My fondest memories of school are Sister Mary John in 7th and 8th grades and Sister Mary Rita in high school, as well as Sock Hops, Proms, Homecoming, our Senior Play and the May Crowning. Of course, basketball and cheer leading memories never go away, as well as the wonderful friendships we created and continue to enjoy.

I’m so looking forward to seeing everyone again and “catching up” on all the news!


Mr. and Mrs. Robert "Bobby' Alvarado, Jr., on their wedding day.



Bobby and Myrtle at Myrtle son's wedding reception.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...