Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SAHS Class of 1959~Bill

~William "Bill" Marion Adams, Jr.~
baja41@lusfiber.net

In the fall of 1959 after graduation from St. Aloysius High School, I attended Northeast Louisiana University at Monroe, where I intended to pursue a degree in pharmacy. My stay in Monroe proved to be short lived as I soon returned to Vicksburg and enrolled at Hinds Junior College. I completed my studies at Mississippi State and earned a degree in Accounting.
The northwest portion of the United States held a certain fascination and I imagined myself living in that area. I was hired by the California Company and knew I was destined to fulfill my dreams of going west. Unfortunately, my fantasy was not realized as Brookhaven and Natchez, MS were my first two work locations. A few years passed and I was transferred to Lafayette, LA.
It was during this time my dreams of the West Coast were forgotten. I met and married wonderful little Cajun school teacher. Linda and I enjoyed life in the small rural community of Coteau. Several years into our marriage, Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer. Not knowing how much time we had left, Linda and I were grateful for the time God would give us. We traveled as much as we could between treatments and when jobs would allow. We saw much of the world in our 28 years. The loving memories of our travels and life together sustained me after her passing. I am grateful for the years I was privileged to be her husband.
Several years after Linda's death I met and married a nice lady, unfortunately the marriage was brief and ended amicably.
During the 32 years I was employed with the State of Louisiana, I worked for the Department of Revenue, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Agriculture and Forestry Consumer Services. The jobs were all related to consumer protection.
My time is now occupied with playing bridge once a week and attending to my collection of orchids, hibiscus and bonsai plants. I volunteer at Saint Mary Mother of God Catholic Church in Lafayette where I help prepare and serve church dinners for seniors. Every morning begins with a five mile walk.
A few months ago, I rekindled a long time friendship. I soon realized my good friend could possibly be more than just a good friend. In the mean time we are enjoying each other's company....only time will tell!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...