Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Sunday, March 30, 2008

SAHS Class of 1959 ~ Ivan

~Ivan Hamilton Cunningham, Jr.~
After graduation, I attended Hings Jr. College. I then went on to Mississippi College. I moved to Jackson, MS in 1961 and worked for Vickers Aerospace Corporation. Then I met Dorothy Ann Blough (Dot). The two of us were married on July 7, 1962. I worked for Deposit Guaranty Bank at night and attended Mississippi College from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 each weekday. I then took a job with Aetna Finance Company in Jackson, MS and was later transferred to Meridian, MS. I work in Meridian for about 6 months. Dot refused to move to Meridian, so I quit my job and moved back to Jackson. On April Fools Day on 1968 I went to work for Mississippi Valley Gas Company in Jackson. After 38 years and three different owners, Valley Gas was bought out by Atmos Energy Corp. of Dallas, TX. I retired as Director of Purchasing on September 1, 2005. don and I have lived in Madison, MS since 1968. We have been active members of Saint Joseph's Catholic Church in Gluckstadt, MS for about 15 years where we feel very much at home. We bought the remaining 20 acres of her grandparents farm on Hoy Road in Madison in 2006. Last year we planted approximately 18 acres with pine trees and oak trees. We plan to live and die at 326 Hoy Road in Madison, MS and we have already purchased our tombstone and our burial plots at our church cemetery in Gluckstadt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...