Class of 1959

We, the Class of 1959, celebrated our 50th reunion on April 24 and 25, 2009. This blog is about sharing memories of our class reunions and a long-ago life at our Alma Mater, S.F.X.A. and S.A.H.S. Good memories of days gone by but not forgotten! A gift to my classmates. ~Marian Ann Love ~







Thursday, April 10, 2008

SAHS Class of 1959 ~ Mickey

~Albert L. Sullivan, III~
After graduation in 1959, I attended Hinds Community College and worked summers with the Corps of Engineers. I retired from the Vicksburg District Corps of Engineers in 1995 after 33 years of service including two years active duty military service.

Gloria and I have been together 42 years plus and we have three sons and one daughter, ranging in ages from 30 to 40, who are scattered about in Miami, New Orleans, Nashville and Virginia Beach. All but our youngest son have families of their own and have blessed us with two wonderful grandsons and one fantastic granddaughter.

I enjoy the outdoors and spend a major portion (read all) of my time deer hunting and just being in the woods. I will come out of woods to enjoy college football on Saturdays, especially LSU football and I have taken part in the tailgate experience for home games for the LSU baseball team since 1993. After the college baseball season is over and its too hot to venture outside (other than the necessary evil of taking care of the yard), I like to read and our local library is a dear friend to me.

Gloria didn't begin her working career until our youngest entered first grade, so she's still at it. She began teaching at Jett Elementary, had stints at the Montessori School, Sherman Avenue and is presently at First Presbyterian Kindergarten. Her summers are dedicated to traveling around the country to visit our children, relatives and friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...